Music Academy alumni number nearly 7,000. A veritable "who's who" in the world of classical music, Academy alumni perform around the globe as soloists and in major symphony orchestras, chamber orchestras, ensembles, and opera companies. Many teach at prestigious universities and conservatories.
This new award funds original ideas in areas including artistic expression, audience development, education, and technology; leading risk-taking and educational initiatives to success. All Academy alumni are eligible, and are able to submit projects that align with and/or challenge the Academy’s mission to further classical music education and/or cultivate discerning, appreciative, and adventurous audiences. Awards granted for alumni projects range from $2,500 to $20,000 based on scope and scale. Read more in the press release here.
- 2018 deadline for submissions was February 15, 2018 -
• Advance social entrepreneurial endeavors/projects in classical music - bold and diverse projects developed and implemented by Academy alumni.
• Support innovation in the areas of artistic expression, audience development, education, technology, and other relevant areas.
• Provide funding and mentorship that lead alumni entrepreneurial and educational initiatives to success.
1. Projects must align with/forward the Academy’s mission to make a unique and enduring contribution to the world of music by:
• Advancing the development of the next generation of great classically trained musicians
• Cultivating discerning, appreciative, and adventurous audiences
2. All Music Academy of the West Summer Festival alumni are eligible.
3. Projects submitted by multiple individuals/ensemble must have at least one Academy alumni to qualify.
4. Alumni must demonstrate within their application a feasibility model including the timeline for project implementation, budget, participant/audience metrics, project goals, and location.
5. Minimum award: $2,500. Maximum award: $20,000.