Summer 2018 Applicants
All selections must unaccompanied.
- Solo piece, concerto or sonata movement of applicant's choice
(3 minutes maximum) *If Mozart bassoon concerto, present the first movement exposition only
- Mozart, Symphony No. 41 (Jupiter), Mvt 4, mm. 136-158
- Rimsky-Korsakov, Scheherazade, Mvt 2, solo (no cadenzas)
- Ravel, Boléro, solo
- Tchaikovsky, Symphony No. 6 (Pathetique), Mvt 1, opening solos
Bassoonists have the option of a Live Audition or Video Upload Audition.
Video Upload Audition applicants:
- Upload one continuous, unedited audition video within the online application (upload one video, not separate tracks; do not stop the camera between repertoire selections)
- Include a verbal statement at the end of your audition video answering the following question:
“What do you most look forward to in your career as a performer?”