Summer 2018 Applicants
All selections must be unaccompanied.
1. Up to four minutes from any standard concerto.
2. One movement of solo cello music – Bach or any other work for unaccompanied cello.
3. Symphonic excerpt: Mozart Symphony No. 39, Mvt 4, mm. 105-137
4. Chamber music excerpt: Bartok String Quartet No. 2, Mvt 1, Rehearsal number 18 to 19, and the poco piu mosso after Rehearsal number 22 to the end of the movement.
Cellists have the option of a Live Audition or Video Upload Audition.
For Video Upload Audition applicants:
- Upload one continuous, unedited audition video within the online application (upload one video, not separate tracks; do not stop the camera between repertoire selections)
- Include a verbal statement at the end of your audition video answering the following question in one minute or less: “Why would you like to spend a summer at the Music Academy of the West?”