Summer 2019 Applicants
All selections must be unaccompanied.
(In this order)
1. J.S. Bach, Suites 1-6 for cello solo in key of applicants choice:
Any one Courante or Gigue, without repeats
Any one pair of Menuets, Bourées, or Gavottes, without repeats or Da Capos.
2. First movement exposition of one of the following concertos:
Bottesini, Concerto No. 2
Koussevitzky, Concerto (beginning through m. 40)
3. Mozart, Symphony No. 35, Mvt 4, mm.134 - 181
4. Strauss, Ein Heldenleben, rehearsal  - 5 after 
5. Ginastera, Variaciones Concertantes, solo
Double Bassists have the option of a Live Audition or Video Upload Audition.
For Video Upload Audition applicants:
Upload one continuous, unedited audition video within the online application
(upload one video, not separate tracks; do not stop the camera between repertoire selections).
Include a verbal statement at the end of your audition video answering the following question in two minutes or less:
“Why would you like to spend a summer at the Music Academy of the West?”