Summer 2018 Applicants
- Short marimba solo or étude of choice
- Snare drum solo: Etude no. 11 from Delécluse 12 Etudes
- Short timpani solo or étude of choice
- Prokofiev: Symphony No. 5, Mvt 2 (37-40 and 42-47)
- Rimsky-Korsakov: Scheherazade, Mvt 3, [D] to [E]; Mvt 4, [P] to [U], condense rests before S
- Rimsky-Korsakov: Capriccio Espagnol, Mvt 4
- Gershwin: Porgy and Bess, four after  -  (standard excerpt from the Overture)
- Copland: Appalachian Spring
- Kabalevsky: Colas Breugnon (all)
- Kodály: Háry János, Mvt 6 (all)
- Dukas: The Sorcerer’s Apprentice,  – 
- Mozart: The Magic Flute (Goldenberg book, p. 102)
- Respighi: Pines of Rome, Mvt 1, seven after  - end of the Mvt
- Martin: Concerto for Seven Winds, 5 after 18 to 7 after 22
- Beethoven: Symphony No. 9, Mvt 1, coda only
- Tchaikovsky: Symphony No. 4, Mvt 1, four before [T] through the passage; include all ff roll at end of passage
Sight-reading may be requested
Timpani/Percussion applicants have the option of a Live Audition or Video Upload Audition.
Live Auditions are 15 minutes each. Faculty will select from the list above during the live auditions.
AUDITION VIDEO UPLOAD APPLICANTS:
Applicants who do not audition live must upload an unedited video audition recording with the following reductions to the above repertoire list: After the three solos, play only excerpts 1 and 2 from the lists for snare drum, xylophone, glockenspiel, and timpani.
Videos must be recorded in the order above.