Summer 2018 Applicants
All selections must be unaccompanied and in the following order:
- Frank Martin: Ballade, solo - beginning through  (pedal B flat)
- Mozart: Requiem, Tuba Mirum, solo
- Berlioz: Hungarian March (2nd trombone part) 6 before  to 3rd bar of 
- Ravel: Boléro, solo
- Wagner: Ride of the Valkyries, B Major solo section
- Bach: Cello Suite No. 5, Sarabande (no repeats)
- Haydn: The Creation, Mvt 26, beginning to letter C
- Wagner: Ride of the Valkyries, B Major section
- Kodály: Háry János Suite, solo
- Strauss: Ein Heldenleben,  to two after 
- Vaughn Williams, Tuba Concerto, Mvt 2,  to 3 before , and 2 before  to 
- Berlioz, Symphonie fantastique, Mvt 4,  - 6th after 
- Prokofiev, Symphony No. 5, Mvt I,  – , one before  to 
- Wagner, Ride of the Valkyries, B-Major section
- Hindemith, Symphonic Metamorphoses on Themes by Weber, Turandot, 4th bar of [L] to [O]
Trombone and Tuba applicants have the option of a Live Audition or Video Upload Audition.
Video Upload Audition applicants:
- Upload one continuous, unedited audition video within the online application (upload one video, not separate tracks; do not stop the camera between repertoire selections)
- The camera angle only needs to capture your image above the shoulders, not a head-to-toe image.
- Make the camera zoom in on your right-side profile (not straight ahead of you nor your left-side profile) so your instrument’s bell does not block your face within the camera angle.
- Ensure your music stand is also not blocking the camera’s view of your profile.
- Include a verbal statement at the end of your audition video answering the following question:“What would be your goals for a summer at the Music Academy?”