Summer 2018 Applicants
Audition selections must be unaccompanied
(in this order)
1. First movement exposition from a standard concerto of the 19th or 20th century (with no cadenza). *If you choose the Sibelius Concerto, play until five bars after Reh 7—this includes the cadenza.
2. First movement exposition of Mozart concerto No. 3 or 5 (exposition only, no cadenza)
3. Strauss, Don Juan, first page (the beginning until 13 bars after letter C)
Violinists have the option of a Live Audition or Video Upload Audition.
For Video Upload Audition applicants:
- Upload one continuous, unedited audition video within the online application
- (upload one video, not separate tracks; do not stop the camera between repertoire selections). Include a verbal statement at the end of your audition video answering the following question in two minutes or less:
“What are your goals for a summer at the Music Academy, as well as your professional goals?”