It gives me a great sense of satisfaction to know that after we’re gone, our gift will continue to benefit future fellows and provide a lasting legacy.
— Konnie Gault
A legacy gift will support the Music Academy of the West by making an enduring impact on the careers of talented and deserving musicians, ensuring world-class musical performances, and providing music education through the Sing! choral program.
A wide variety of legacy giving opportunities are available, from making a charitable bequest to joining the Encore Society. We would be honored to work with you to create a legacy gift that would be most meaningful to you and your family.
A charitable bequest is one of the easiest and most flexible ways that you can leave a gift to Music Academy of the West that will make a lasting impact, with many benefits. With the help of an attorney, you can include language in your will or trust specifying a gift to be made to family, friends or Music Academy of the West as part of your estate plan, or you can make a bequest using a beneficiary designation form.
- Receive an estate tax charitable deduction
- Reduce the burden of taxes on your family
- Leave a lasting legacy to charity
The Encore Society recognizes and honors individuals, corporations, and foundations that have shared their intent to contribute a future or planned gift to the Music Academy, or have made an outright gift to the Academy’s endowment fund.
In recognition of Encore Society support, the Music Academy offers:
- Invitation to the exclusive Encore Society Garden Supper
- With your permission, inclusion in the Encore Society roster in our annual Festival Program Book
- Endowed naming opportunities (reserved for irrevocable disclosures)
- Complimentary transportation to Encore Society events (available upon request)
If you would like more information, have questions, or have been so generous as to include the Music Academy of the West as part of your estate plan, please contact Jill Rode, Director of Legacy Giving at 805-695-7911 or [email protected]