The Women’s Auxiliary is the core volunteer group supporting the Music Academy of the West, founded in 1954. Membership includes more than 100 women from Santa Barbara, Carpinteria, Summerland, Goleta, and Los Olivos.
The Auxiliary’s mission is to support the Music Academy through fundraising and educational activities and to help promote knowledge and appreciation of the Academy in the community at large.
Join today! New members are welcome for 2021
We invite you to engage with this vibrant group of more than 100 women who support the Academy’s mission and enjoy social events.
- Network and build friendships at monthly meetings featuring live music performances from alumni, faculty, and guest artists
- Get involved with creative philanthropic projects such as private concerts, fundraising parties, online auctions, and more
- Join a fun, social group – annual luncheon, social events, summer picnic with Academy fellows, and festive holiday party
- Co-lead or join committees that plan new programs and projects
- Tour the beautiful Music Academy Miraflores campus and learn about its history
Auxiliary members receive preferred opportunities to:
- Usher for world-class performances
- Meet, learn from, and build friendships with Summer Festival fellows who come to Santa Barbara on full scholarship from more than 20 US states and 20 countries through the Academy’s unique Compeer Program
- Serve as Welcome Ambassadors at the Summer Festival
- Assist with the Sing! choral program in local schools
Annual membership: $250 ($25 for non-deductible member dues, $225 tax-deductible charitable contribution to support Music Academy programs including Auxiliary fellow scholarships, Sing! choral program in local elementary schools, and Community Access tickets)
Questions? Please contact: Auxiliary Chair Meg Di Napoli
Auxiliary members volunteer to usher for events at the Summer School & Festival and year-round at the Academy’s Met: Live in HD screenings.
Auxiliary Members receive complimentary guided private tours of the beautiful Miraflores campus. They have the opportunity to volunteer to become trained to communicate about Academy history, programs, and facilities through guided private and public tours as docents.