Honoring a Legend
The Music Academy of the West’s 2019 Opening Night Gala will celebrate Jerome Lowenthal’s 50th anniversary as an acclaimed faculty artist at the Music Academy. The event is co-chaired by Michele Brustin, Stephanie Shuman, and Warren Staley, with honorary chairs Leatrice Luria and Kandy Luria-Budgor.
The evening will include an unforgettable concert featuring star-studded Academy alumni pianists Micah McLaurin (’14, ’16), Elizabeth Roe (’01), Evan Shinners (’09), and Orion Weiss (’00), guest artist pianist Ursula Oppens, and Jerry Lowenthal himself. Jerry will curate the program, highlighting special reflections of his illustrious career. Tickets will be available for the concert and an exclusive, intimate dinner with an encore performance.
Proceeds benefit the Academy’s full-scholarship program, community access initiatives, and year-round outreach programs.
- Individual Tickets includes concert and dinner: $500
- Sponsored Tables of Ten includes Preferred seating at the concert and dinner: $5,000
- Sponsored Tables of Ten includes Premier seating at the concert and dinner: $10,000
- Sponsored Tables of Ten includes Exclusive seating at the concert and dinner: $25,000
- Sponsored Tables of Ten includes VIP seating at the concert and dinner: $50,000
For more information, or to purchase by phone, please contact Allie Rigonati at 805-695-7929.
If you are unable to attend the gala, but would still like to make a contribution, you may donate online by selecting the Opening Night Gala fund.